Sunday, August 24, 2008

8/24 – Capital One the Chinese restaurant

I still work at Capital One but instead of a credit card company it’s a Chinese restaurant. We have two stone crates shaped like Styrofoam coolers outside for the people that want the buffet. One of the crates has vegetarian food in it, I think it was bok choy, and the other had some sort of chicken with brown sauce. Before dinner time starts, I empty the buffet crates into containers to be stored. Somehow I discover the vegetarian crate had smoked sausages at the bottom. My real co-worker Ran comes out and I ask if I should clean the crates, but he says we never clean them. I thought that was disgusting so I do clean them.

Later another real co-worker Onkar comes out and tells me to put menus in the crates, so I had to run a Polaris NPV model with the appropriate risk factors to produce the menus. He then tells me what defines a jr. and sr. analyst is how experienced he is with our models, and I tell him all the models do is produce the food menus.

When dinner time is about to start, Ran, Onkar, and I are sitting on an outside patio table and a gay man and his almost human sized gay dog comes to the restaurant. He asks if he can wrestle with his dog inside the restaurant. My co-workers and I just looked at each other because we all thought that was pretty weird. I was going to tell him yes because I really didn’t care what he wanted to do. A manager comes out and tells the guy that we’re kind of a family establishment and the man agrees to not wrestle and goes with his dog to the bar and starts sipping on cosmopolitans, that how I concluded they must be gay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

popc orn.

popp
ed

)cor(n)s

;

Signed,
Alfred Hitchcock Ron Hubbard